Assessment Center- Testing
Assessment Center Information
The Assessment Center at the Ottawa Center has limited hours.Schedule Your Testing Appointment Now!
MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL TESTING SERVICES. TESTERS MUST WEAR A MASK FOR THE DURATION OF THE TESTING. IF MASKS ARE REMOVED, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE TESTING CENTER. ALL CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE A COVID COMPLIANCE FORM AT THE TIME OF THEIR APPOINTMENT.
The IVCC Assessment Center offers these services:
- IVCC Student Placement Testing (areas of Reading, English, and/or Math)
- Illinois INACE/CNA state exam (Computer based and paper/pencil dates)
- Pearson Vue Testing (including GED and Evaluation Systems-select dates)
- Employment and safety testing through IVCC Business Training office
Do you need placement testing?
IVCC uses multiple placement measures. Before scheduling placement testing, visit the placement testing webpage to determine if you need testing. Placement may be determined by:
- ACT/SAT Scores
- PSAT (10 or NMSQT) scores
- High School Equivalency (GED or HiSET)
- High School GPA (for those that have graduated high school)
- Completion of specific courses in college or high school
- IVCC Placement Testing
Documentation of scores must be on file with IVCC to allow for course registration. Please make certain that you have submitted official transcripts and official score reports before registering for classes.
Consult an IVCC counselor at (815) 224-0360 for more information or an appointment.
You may make a placement testing appointment at IVCC at www.registerblast.com/ivcc . You will receive communication about your future testing appointment via e-mail.
Virtual Placement Proctoring
Please review the technical requirements examity.com/accuplacer to see if virtual placement testing is an option for you. Vouchers for testing will be generated and sent via e-mail in 2-3 business days. If you wish to take placement testing online, please email email@example.com for more details. Include the following information in your email:
- First name/Last Name
- IVCC ID Number (starts with 0/ 7 digits)
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Testing Subjects (Reading, English, Math)
SPRING 2021 Schedule OGLESBY -- E 215
Monday- Thursday 8 am - 4 pm
Friday 8 am - 1 pm
Appointment only - limited services
OTTAWA CENTER -- OTTC 125
The Assessment Center will offer limited hours for SPRING 2021 semester.
Thursday 9 am - 2 pm
See Placement Testing page for appointment times
- Students must sign in and show a photo ID before testing.
- Face Masks are required for testing and must be worn for the duration of testing
- An appointment is required for all proctored tests for national testing, telecourse, online, and other university course tests.
- An appointment for a make-up test is strongly advised.
- Tests cannot be started within one hour of closing.
- Students should come to the Assessment Center knowing the name of their instructor and class.
- Academic Integrity is expected of all students. Students are encouraged to review the Student Code of Conduct in the Student Handbook.
- All electronic devices must be turned off and stored while students are testing.
- Special accommodations are available for placement and make-up tests. Arrangements must be made in advance. Please contact the Disability Services office at (815) 224-0284 for more information.
- Coats and bags are not allowed into testing rooms. Lockers are provided to store your personal items.
- Children are not allowed into any testing area or to be left unsupervised while individuals are testing.
Certain tests administered by IVCC Assessment Center may require a specific form of ID in order to take the exam. Acceptable forms of ID will need to have student's first and last name, be valid, and have individual's picture. There are no exceptions to this policy. Those without identification will not be permitted to test. Reproductions or photocopies of identification will not be accepted.
- IVCC Student ID
- Other school ID with name and photo (either recently graduated from that school or currently attending that school)
- U.S. State Picture Driver's License
- U.S. State Picture ID Card
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Military Picture ID
- Federal Picture ID
- Alien Registration Card
- Any other valid, government-issued photo ID (issued by any government)
- Company ID (where currently employed)
- Police ID
Phone: (815) 224-0542
Fax: (815) 224-0572
Sarah Trager, Assessment Center Coordinator
Assessment Center Assistants
National testing for college credit - CLEP®, DSST®, AP ®
National testing for advancement in professions- Pearson VUE, Scantron (formerly Castle Worldwide)
Proctor exams for certifications
Proctor for other college and universities, including placement testing.
Employment specific exams and Contractor Safety exams