Assessment Center- Testing
Assessment Center Information
IVCC Assessment Center is unable to offer in person testing services at this time. The Assessment Center at the Ottawa Center will be closed for the summer.
If you are an incoming IVCC student, IVCC has implemented multiple measures that may allow for you to register for coursework without placement testing. Consult an IVCC counselor at (815) 224-0360 for more information or an appointment.
In- Person Placement Testing after July 6th
You may make a placement testing appointment at www.registerblast.com/ivcc for July 6th ot later. Please know that this is only a tentative date for our services to be available once again. You will receive communication about your future testing appointment via e-mail.
Virtual Placement Proctoring
Please review the technical requirements examity.com/accuplacer to see if virtual placement testing is an option for you. Vouchers for testing will be generated and sent via e-mail in 2-3 business days. If you wish to take placement testing online, please email email@example.com for more details. Include the following information in your email:
- First name/Last Name
- IVCC ID Number (starts with 0/ 7 digits)
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Testing Subjects (Reading, English, Math)
Please see categories below for more information regarding our services for Summer 2020
SUMMER 2020 Schedule
OGLESBY -- E 215
Monday- Thursday 8 am - 4 pm
Appointment only - limited services
IVCC is closed on Fridays through July 31st
OTTAWA CENTER -- OTTC 125
The Assessment Center is not offering hours at the Ottawa Center during Summer session
See Placement Testing page for appointment times
- Students must sign in and show a photo ID before testing.
- Face Masks are required for testing and must be worn for the duration of testing
- An appointment is required for all proctored tests for national testing, telecourse, online, and other university course tests.
- An appointment for a make-up test is strongly advised.
- Tests cannot be started within one hour of closing.
- Students should come to the Assessment Center knowing the name of their instructor and class.
- Academic Integrity is expected of all students. Students are encouraged to review the Student Code of Conduct in the Student Handbook.
- All electronic devices must be turned off and stored while students are testing.
- Special accommodations are available for placement and make-up tests. Arrangements must be made in advance. Please contact the Disability Services office at (815) 224-0284 for more information.
- Coats and bags are not allowed into testing rooms. Lockers are provided to store your personal items.
- Children are not allowed into any testing area or to be left unsupervised while individuals are testing.
Certain tests administered by IVCC Assessment Center may require a specific form of ID in order to take the exam. Acceptable forms of ID will need to have student's first and last name, be valid, and have individual's picture. There are no exceptions to this policy. Those without identification will not be permitted to test. Reproductions or photocopies of identification will not be accepted.
- IVCC Student ID
- Other school ID with name and photo (either recently graduated from that school or currently attending that school)
- U.S. State Picture Driver's License
- U.S. State Picture ID Card
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Military Picture ID
- Federal Picture ID
- Alien Registration Card
- Any other valid, government-issued photo ID (issued by any government)
- Company ID (where currently employed)
- Police ID
Phone: (815) 224-0542
Fax: (815) 224-0572
Sarah Trager, Assessment Center Coordinator
Assessment Center Assistants
National testing for college credit - CLEP®, DSST®, AP ®
National testing for advancement in professions- Pearson VUE, Scantron (formerly Castle Worldwide)
Proctor exams for certifications
Proctor for other college and universities, including placement testing.
Employment specific exams and Contractor Safety exams