Student Consumer Information and Right To Know

Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information

Contact Information for Assistance in Obtaining Institutional or Financial Aid Information

Student Achievement Data

HLC Policy # FDCR.A.10.070

Retention Rates (IPEDS)

Graduation Rates (IPEDS)

Transfer-out Rates  (IPEDS)

Graduate Employment Rates

Gainful Employment

Notice: On July 1, 2019, the U.S. Department of Education rescinded the Department’s gainful employment (GE) regulations (2014 Rule) in the Federal Register, effective July 1, 2020. The Secretary designated the regulatory changes, as included in the document, for early implementation beginning on July 1, 2019, at the discretion of each institution.

Rescission: IVCC is early implementing the rescission of the Gainful Employment Rule effective July 1, 2019 per guidance in the Gainful Employment Electronic Announcement #122 - Early Implementation of the Rescission of the Gainful Employment Rule issued by the Office of Postsecondary Education of the U.S. Department of Education on June 28, 2019.

Please direct any questions to Mark Grzybowski via email or call 815-224-0393.

General Institutional Information

Privacy of Student Records - Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

Disability Services

Student Diversity (Demographic Report)

How much does it REALLY cost to attend IVCC?

Net Price Calculator

Financial Aid Office

IVCC Bookstore

College Catalog

Student Help Desk

Jacobs Library


Transfer Guide Sheet Information for College Majors


Use of Campus and Network Computing Resources 

Student Activities

Career Services

Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data (Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act)

Voter Registration

Illinois Voting Information

Student Financial Assistance

Financial Aid

Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations

Student Loan Information

Health and Safety

Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program

Personal Counseling Assistance ProgramSee Substance Abuse Facts & Resources below.

Campus Security

Right To Know

Accrediting Agencies and Contact Information

Illinois Valley Community College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60602-2504, 1-312-263-0456,

Those wishing to file a complaint through the Higher Learning Commission may do so at the following link:

Students wishing to file a complaint with the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) may do so online at - If you wish to remain anonymous, ICCB will not be able to contact you or address your formal complaint. Anonymous complaints will be reviewed, logged, and counted in ICCB reports about institutional complaints.

Information Sources

The Student Services Office is pleased to provide you this list of information Illinois Valley Community College must disseminate under the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, and the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act. Listed below is the type of information IVCC is required to provide and the College offices or materials where the information can be found. Please refer to these “information sources” if you need more information.

  • Types of need and non-need based federal financial aid are available to IVCC students. Contact the Financial Aid Office (CTC-101) or call 815-224-0438.
  • Types of need and non-need based state and local programs, school aid programs, and other private programs are available to IVCC students. Contact the Financial Aid Office (CTC-101) or call 815-224-0438.
  • To inquire about how students apply for financial aid and how eligibility is determined, contact the Financial Aid Office (CTC-101) or call 815-224-0438.
  • To determine how IVCC distributes aid among students,  contact the Financial Aid Office (CTC-101) or call 815-224-0438.
  • To inquire what the rights and responsibilities of students receiving institutional aid, contact the Financial Aid Office (CTC-101) or call 815-224-0438.
  • To inquire about what the rights and responsibilities of students receiving institutional aid, contact the Financial Aid Office (CTC-101) or call 815-224-0438 or visit
  • To inquire about how and when federal funds are disbursed, contact the Financial Aid Office (CTC-101) or call 815-224-0438. NOTE: Borrowers of federal loans are notified of disbursement dates in writing once Financial Aid has certified the loan.  For federal work study, a copy of this information is available in the Financial Aid office or by calling 815-224-0438.
  • To inquire about how and when institutional grants and scholarships are disbursed, contact the Financial Aid Office (CTC-101) or call 815-224-0438.
  • To inquire about the terms of, schedules for, and the necessity of loan repayment and required exit counseling:

       - Promissory Note: Available from the Financial Aid Office (CTC 101), 815-224-0438.
       - Entrance Loan Counseling materials are available at and from the Financial Aid Office (CTC 101), 815-224-0438.
       - Brochures and paper information are available in the Financial Aid Office (CTC 101), 815-224-0438.
       - Exit Counseling Materials are available at from the Financial Aid Office (CTC 101), 815-224-0438.
       - Loan Repayment Schedules: Available from the Financial Aid Office (CTC 101), 815-224-0438.

  • To inquire about the criteria for measuring Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (FASAP) and how a student who has failed to maintain FASAP may reestablish eligibility for federal aid, contact the Financial Aid Office (CTC-101) or call 815-224-0438. Appeal forms in the Financial Aid Office provide individual students with information that they need to reestablish eligibility for federal aid.

  • Availability of SFA funds for study abroad programs can be determined by contacting the Financial Aid Office (CTC-101) or 815-224-0438 or the Study Abroad Program Coordinator, Amanda Cook Fesperman,, 815-224-0423.  

  • Individual State Financial Aid agencies


    Illinois Student Assistance Commission: or  1-800-899-4722
    Financial Aid Office (CTC101), 815-224-0438

Student accident insurance

IVCC provides accident coverage for all students taking credit classes.

Only accidents that occur in college-sponsored and supervised activities including participants in field trips and internships are covered. Intercollegiate sports are excluded from this plan.  Maximum benefit amount per injury: $10,000. 

Scope of Coverage

All full- and part-time students taking credit classes will be covered for injury which is incurred while the student is:

  • On IVCC’s premises:

    - During the hours and on the days when school is in session, including 1 hour before and after; or

    - During the hours and on the days when IVCC is not in session while the student is participating in or attending any covered activity.

  • Away from IVCC’s premises while participating in or attending any covered activity or traveling to and from such activity in a designated vehicle, whether or not the college is in session.

    This accident coverage is subject to all the definitions stated in the policy. IVCC cannot guarantee payment.

    IVCC Procedures:

    1. Have student complete an incident report.
       a. they are a student taking credit classes and the above scope of coverage has been satisfied, give them an Accident Claim Form provided by First Agency, Inc.

    2. After receipt, Business Services will confirm with Admissions and Records that student is enrolled in at least 1 credit class.

    3. Once confirmed, the claim and bills will be forwarded to First Agency, Inc.

    Student Procedures:

    1. Complete an incident report with Campus Security.

    2. Complete Accident Claim Form provided by First Agency, Inc.  Be sure to read both front and back for understanding of coverage.

    3. Turn the Accident Claim Form and itemized bills in to the Business Services and Finance offices in C-338 who will forward them to First Agency.  First Agency will make any determination of benefits.

Campus Shootings: What IVCC Students and staff need to know

As a result of the tragic shootings at Virginia Tech University, Louisiana Technical College, and Northern Illinois University, following are some security-related facts, procedures, and counseling services that you need to know.

1. If an emergency situation arises, never hesitate to call the Oglesby Police Department by dialing 911.  Our system is set up so that you do not need to access an outside line first; simply dial 911.  Emergency telephones in the elevators go directly to 911 with two-way communication.

2. Members of IVCC’s security staff are on campus 24/7/365, and they can be reached in a number of ways:

          a. By dialing either “0” or extension 314;

          b. By calling (815) 739-1290; or,

          c. Through emergency call boxes located in the stairwells and parking lots.

3. We have the ability to secure access to rooms by locking down all doors with proximity card readers in Buildings A-F in a matter of seconds.  We can also be selective when locking down specific doors and/or specific buildings.

4. We have the ability to broadcast a message through our alarm system across the entire campus and/or to specific buildings.

5. We have 72 surveillance cameras that are scanning and recording data at all times.

6. In the event of a campus shooting, please follow these procedures:

          a. Seek immediate shelter;

          b. Stay out of sight out of windows; and,

          c. Wait for an “all clear” announcement before opening the door.

7. Personal Counseling services are available year-round. The IVCC Personal Counseling Assistance Program (P-CAP) provides confidential and professional counseling assistance in emergency situations as well as with ongoing problems. Counselors are professionally trained in mental health, personal development, and relationship issues. If you or someone you know is experiencing personal concerns or a crisis/emergency situation, you may see a counselor immediately. Please do not hesitate to walk-in or call the Counseling Center at (815) 224-0360.

8. IVCC has made a sincere commitment to the principles of continuous quality improvement when assessing all of our programs and services. Thank you for your cooperation and feedback. 

Emergency Alert System

IVCC has implemented an Emergency Notification System to notify students so that campus administrators can quickly communicate with students, faculty, and staff in the event of an emergency situation that would require that the campus be closed. The privacy and priority of this information will be preserved and will not be shared with third parties for commercial purposes or any purpose other than this notification system.

All students who have provided a cell phone number to IVCC will be included in the alert system. You need to have SMS text messaging enabled on your cell phone account to receive these messages. IVCC’s Emergency Notification System does not charge students to receive messages. Standard or other messaging charges apply depending on your wireless carrier plan.  Depending on your plan, these messages may carry a per message charge. This alert system will only be used for campus closures (weather or security related), safety notifications as required by law, and once per month for testing. Students will not be notified of individual class cancellations through this service—students need to check the IVCC website for this information.

It is imperative that students notify the Records Office of any changes to their cell phone number or email address in order to be notified in case of an emergency.


The emergency notification system will be tested monthly. This testing is necessary to ensure the system is working when needed during emergency situations.

Opt-Out Procedure

It is strongly recommended that all students remain in the Emergency Notification System through the use of the text messaging feature. Students who choose to opt out will not receive text notifications of campus closures due to weather, safety or other emergency situations. Students will also not receive the text messages regarding safety situations as required by law through the Clery Act. Emails will continue to be sent for these events.

To opt out of the text messaging function, students should text STOP to 67283 or 226787. This will not remove a student from the emergency emails sent out by the college.

For more information, please see

Contact Information
  • Vacant, Vice President for Academic Affairs, 815-224-0405
  • Polly Ragazincky, Administrative Assistant for Academic Affairs ( 815-224-0409
  • Mark Grzybowski, Vice President for Student Services ( 815-224-0393
  • Tom Quigley, Director of Admissions and Records ( 815-224-0437.
  • Isamar Taylor, Director of Financial Aid ( 815-224-0440
  • TBA, Executive Director of the Foundation ( 
  • Campus Security 815-224-0314
  • Miguel Hermosillo, Bursar ( 815-224-0353
Student Rights and Responsibilities
View the IVCC catalog (a printed copy can be requested through the Records Office CTC-101 and the Counseling Center CTC-202) or the IVCC Student Handbook (available in the Records Office CTC-101 and across campus).

Substance Abuse Facts & Resources

Illinois Valley Community College Drug-Free Workplace

It is the policy of the Board of Trustees of Illinois Valley Community College to provide, in accordance with Public Law 100-690, The Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1988, sanctions or rehabilitation programs for all workers at IVCC who engage in the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, possession or use of a controlled substance or alcohol on campus or the work site. Also as a condition for receiving a Pell Grant, students must certify that they will not do any of the activities mentioned. If they do and are convicted, a court could suspend financial aid (Title IV Funds). This policy is stated under the Student Code of Conduct in the Student Handbook and is noted in the current catalog.

1.  Notice of Conviction:
As a condition of employment, IVCC employees are required to comply fully with this policy, to include agreeing to notify the employer, no later than five (5) days after each conviction, of any criminal drug conviction resulting from a violation occurring at the workplace.

Notification of any employee’s drug conviction will be given to the Federal Agency by the employee’s supervisor within ten (10) days.

Within thirty (30) days of receiving notice of a conviction in the workplace, the convicted employee:
                 a. will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action by the employer, which may be up to and including termination;
                b. may be required to participate in an approved drug abuse assistance or rehabilitation program.

2. Student Violation and Discipline: 
Students convicted of drug use, possession, or delivery of controlled substances risk losing student financial aid for one year or longer. Other penalties upon conviction for drug and/or alcohol abuse are covered in detail in the IVCC Student Code of Conduct found in the Student Handbook and the college catalog.

3. Rights of Due Process:
Rights of due process for employees and/or students are covered in detail in appropriate contracts and manuals.

4. Policy Review:
This policy and the program of implementation will be reviewed biennially. The policy is subject to change without notice, however, as Federal regulations or court orders require. Vice President for Learning and Student Development, located in C-310 or can be contacted by calling 815-224-0406.

llinois Valley Community College is committed to providing a healthy, drug-free atmosphere for students and employees to work and learn in. IVCC’s staff and students’ physical, mental and emotional wellness is essential in maintaining this environment. Substance abuse and related problems become issues of concern for everyone, not just the abuser. It has a negative impact on productivity, absenteeism, accidents, morale, job performance, ability to learn, health costs and reputation. Early identification and referral for assistance is necessary for rehabilitation and maintaining the integrity of the college environment. This booklet is designed to help IVCC’s students and employees identify warning signs of abuse, the effects of alcohol and drugs, legal sanctions imposed upon offenders, treatment resources and IVCC’s policy regarding drugs and alcohol on campus.

Warning Signs of Substance Abuse
  • Have you worried about your own use of alcohol or drugs?
  • Have others expressed concern about you use of alcohol or drugs?
  • Do you think of alcohol or drugs during the day?
  • Do you look forward to “happy hour”?
  • Have you skipped class or work to ‘party’?
  • If using mind or mood altering drugs, do you count your supply so that you don’t run out?
  • Have you ever had to set limits on how much you drink?
  • Do you make sure that you have alcohol on hand?
  • Do you become anxious if your drug supply becomes low?
  • Do you have symptoms of withdrawal?
  • Do you use one medication to counteract the effects of another?
  • Do you only frequent occasions where alcohol is served?
  • Do you notice that you are drinking more?
  • Do you drink alone?
  • Has alcohol or drugs interfered with your school attendance, performance or grades?
  • Do you have a few drinks before going to a function?
  • Has alcohol or drugs ever interfered with holding a job?
  • Has alcohol or drugs ever interfered with a relationship?
  • Has alcohol or drugs been a source of trouble with the law?

While there is no correct score, if your answers concern you, you may want to seek help. IVCC has a Personal Counseling Assistance Program located in the Counseling Center on the main floor of the campus.

7 Indicators of Drug or Alcohol Abuse:
- Change in work or school performance or attendance.
- Change in personal appearance.
- Mood swings or attitude changes.
- Withdrawal from family, friends, responsibilities.
- Association with drug using peers.
- Unusual patterns of behavior.
- Defensive attitude concerning drugs or use of alcohol.

Community Resources


(815) 223-7374

(815) 638-2307
(815) 538-6525

Ottawa Group
(815) 434-0165
(815) 434-6154

(815) 875-4279

Spring Valley Illinois Valley Group
(815) 663-0675
(815) 663-2800

Serenity Corner
(815) 672-7722


OSF St. Elizabeth
1100 E. Norris Dr.
Ottawa, IL 61350
(815) 433-3100

925 West St.
Peru, IL 61354
(815) 223-3300

Perry Memorial Hosp.
530 Park Ave. East
Princeton, IL 61356
(815) 875-2811

St. Margaret’s Health
600 E. 1st St.
Spring Valley, IL 61362
(815) 664-5311

Mendota Comm. Hosp.
1401 E 12th St.
Mendota, IL 61342
(815) 539-7461

(888) 425-2666 

(815) 883-8677

IVCC Resources

Safe Journeys (formerly A Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Service - ADV&SAS) – Campus Hotline – (815) 224-0494

Personal Counseling Assistance Program (P-CAP): (815) 224-0360

Campus Security: (815) 224-0314

Addiction Information

Who Gets Addicted? 
Anyone who uses an addictive drug can get addicted. People of any age, sex, or background can get addicted.

You might get addicted easier than others if:

  • Your parents, grandparents or even your great-grandparents had a problem with alcohol or other drugs.
  • Your friends smoke, drink or use other drugs.
  • You use drugs to deal with uncomfortable feelings.

How Long Does It Take to Get Addicted?

  • Some people get addicted right away.
  • Others need time and frequent use.
  • Young people get addicted faster than adults.
  • Some drugs cause addiction sooner.
  • Nicotine, cocaine and speed quickly cause addiction.

Many people with addiction go for long periods of time between uses. But if drug use causes problems and a person continues to do it anyway, he or she probably is addicted.

You May Be Addicted If:

  • You use more of a drug to get the same effect.
  • You use drugs to help you get going or relax.
  • You think about getting the drug or wanting to get high when you’re not using it.
  • You have tried but have not been able to cut down your drug use.
  • You have tried but have not been able to set a limit and then stop.
  • You get annoyed when friends or relatives complain about your drug use.
  • You feel guilty about your drug use.

Who Treats Addiction?

Treatment depends on the drug, the addiction and the person.

  • Many doctors, therapists and other counselors are trained to treat drug addiction.
  • Some people will stay in a hospital or a drug treatment center during withdrawal.
  • Others receive outpatient counseling and group therapy on a daily basis or weekly basis.
  • Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous or other “Twelve-Step” self-help groups can be an important part of treatment.

What Is Denial?
Many addicted people can’t believe they have a drug problem, even though it’s clear to others that the drug is harming them. This is called denial. Denial is a major barrier to recovery. People can’t get successful treatment if they don’t think there is a problem.

What Is Withdrawal?
When the brain needs the drug to just feel normal the person has withdrawal. Without the drug, the person feels sick.

Nicotine, cocaine and speed withdrawal can cause depression, irritability, restlessness, and sleep problems.

Withdrawal from alcohol, sleeping medicines and tranquilizers can cause convulsions, a heart attack or delirium tremens. Delirium tremens (DT’s) causes heartbeat and temperature to go up. The person may see things that aren’t there. People can die from DT’s.

What Is Relapse?
A person with an addiction may start using the drug again. He or she may remember the ways the drug made him or her feel good, and forget the problems (fights, injuries, arguments, etc.) the drug caused. This is called relapse. In treatment, a person learns to watch for signs of relapse. He or she learns ways to avoid starting to use the drug again.

Can Addiction Be Cured?
People with a drug addiction will always have the addiction. But they can learn to be comfortable and happy without drugs.

Treatment has three parts:

  • The person must stop using the drug and receive treatment for withdrawal symptoms if necessary.
  • The person must learn how the drug worked in his or her life.
    The person must learn how to avoid using the drug again.
  • People usually need help from others to recover from an addiction. But others can’t help an addicted person who doesn’t want to get well.

What Drugs Are Addictive?
Many drugs can be addictive. Some are more addictive than others.

  • Nicotine (in tobacco) is very addictive. Nine out of every ten people who use tobacco get addicted.
  • Cocaine, speed, ice and meth are also very addictive.
  • Heroin is very addictive. Narcotics such as prescription pain pills can often be addictive.
  • Alcohol, tranquilizers or sleeping pills addict about one out of every ten people who try them.
  • Steroids used to pump up muscles are addictive.
  • PCP, LSD, and inhalants are also addictive.
  • Marijuana is addictive. But because it stays in the body a long time, there are fewer withdrawal symptoms. So some people mistakenly think marijuana is not addictive.

What Is Addiction?
Drug addiction is a disease.

People who are addicted:

  • Can’t stop using a drug even though it causes serious problems.
  • Have very strong urges to use the drug.
  • Can’t control the urge, even when using the drug causes trouble with family, friends, work, school, money, health or the law.
  • Most people need treatment to recover from addiction.

How Does It Happen?
People become addicted in two ways:

  • Physical addiction. The drug changes the way the brain works. The more of a drug the person uses, the more the brain changes. Soon, the person needs the drug just to feel normal. Without the drug, the person will feel sick.
  • Psychological addiction. The person uses the drug to feel good, or to cover up feelings such as being afraid, shy, sad, lonely or angry. Soon the person can’t feel good or deal with strong feelings without the drug.
    These two addictions usually occur together. This makes it very hard to stop using the drug.

Legal Sanctions:

Some drug/alcohol offenses are misdemeanors while others are felonies. In either case, the sentence may include imprisonment.

Misdemeanors & Jail Sentences:

Class A: any term less than one year.

Class B:  no more than 6 months.

Class C:  no more than 30 days.

Felonies & Jail Sentences:

Class X:  unless otherwise stipulated 6-30; 3 years MSR

Class 1:   other than 2nd degree murder 4-15; 2 years MSR

Class 2:   3-7; 2 year MSR

Class 3:   2-5; 1 year MSR

Class 4:   1-3; 1 year MSR

*MSR=Mandatory Supervised Release



                15-100 grams; 4-15 years

                100-400 grams; 6-30 years

                400-900 grams; 8-40 years

                900 or more grams; 10-50 years


                15-100 grams; 6-30 years

                100-400 grams; 9-40 years

                400-900 grams; 12-50 years

                900 or more grams; 15-60 years



                15-100 grams or segments; 4-15 years

                100-400 grams or segments; 6-30 years

                400-900 grams or segments; 8-40 and a fine up to $200,000


Class C misdemeanor 1st offense; subsequent Class B


Production or plant possession:

                Less than 5 plants; Class A misdemeanors

                5-20 plants; Class 4 felony

                20-50 plants; Class 3 felony

                Over 50 plants; Class 2 felony and $100,000 fine

Drug & Alcohol Resources

Assessments & Services:
Starfire Drive
Ottawa, IL 61350
(815) 434-4382

James R. Gage & Associates
601 2nd St.
LaSalle, IL 61301
(815) 224-3048

New Beginnings Counseling
Services, Inc.
236 Wright St.
LaSalle, IL 61301
(815) 223-4999

New Directions Counseling Center
1904 N. Main St.
Princeton, IL 61356
(815) 875-2195

North Central Behavioral Health Systems
2960 Chartres St.
LaSalle, IL 61301
(815) 224-1610 (Hotline)

General Resources:
Safe Journeys (formerly A Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Service - ADV&SAS)
(800) 892-3375 (24 Hr. Hotline)

Catholic Social Services
543 Crosat St.
LaSalle, IL 61301
(815) 223-4007

Lutheran Social Services of IL
607 10th Ave.
Mendota, IL 61342
(815) 539-3888

Lutheran Social Services of IL
2000 Luther Drive
Peru, IL 61354
(815) 223-1144

Addicts Victorious, Inc. Addictions Program
(815) 433-0187
Ottawa, IL

322 W. Church St.
Utica, IL
(815) 228-3549