Placement Options

Placement Measures and Guides

IVCC uses the following measures for placement:

  • Official PSAT (10 or NMSQT)
  • SAT and ACT scores
  • High school GPA (graduating seniors)
  • High school equivalency testing (GED or HiSET)
  • Successful completion of developmental courses
  • Placement testing

Use the IVCC Placement Indicator Tool and the placement guides to determine your math, reading, and/or English placement options.

Individualized Education Plans: Students who had Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) or 504 Plans in high school should contact the Center for Accessibility and Neurodiversity coordinator for assistance with going through the placement process. Call 815-224-0634.

Placement based on unofficial scores and transcripts must be confirmed by IVCC receiving official scores and transcripts. Students must request official reports and transcripts to be sent to IVCC, Admissions and Records; 815 Orlando Smith Road; Oglesby, IL 61348. If official transcripts are not received prior to the start of the semester, courses will be dropped from a student’s schedule.

Placement Testing

What's on the placement test?

Placement Testing Overview 

Accuplacer Placement Testing Practice/Review

Online Placement Testing

Visit this page to learn how to register for online placement testing.

In-Person Placement Testing

Visit this page to learn how to register for in-person placement testing.