Tutoring and Writing Center
Oglesby Campus Drop-in Hours, Academic Support Center (ASC), A-201
- Monday: 9 AM to 7 PM
- Tuesday - Friday: 9 AM to 3 PM
Online Tutoring Sessions
- Available by Appointment
Online Drop-in Hours
Online drop-in hours are available for all math, all science, stats, and piano.
- Tuesday: 11 AM to 1 PM
Ottawa Center Drop-in Hours
- Wednesday: 3 PM to 7 PM (beginning August 24)
Course-specific tutors are available to help with a variety of coursework. Writing tutors are available to help with every stage of the writing process.
- Online appointment (Zoom)
- Online drop-in
- In-person appointment
- In-person drop-in
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for writing assignment consultations.
Check the schedule to see which tutors are working when.
Check the tutor list for subjects and modes.
Make an Appointment
You can schedule an appointment. If you don't see the time/day you are seeking, you can request one by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. For assistance, call the Tutoring and Writing Center at 815-224-0637.
When you schedule an online appointment, you will receive a Zoom link in your student email. To attend your online appointment, you may also log in to Accudemia and click the Join Session button.
Meet the Tutors
- Kenny Albright - math, physics
- Amie Alvarado - writing
- Rose Brittingham - writing
- Angela Dunlap - statistics, multiple disciplines
- Laura Kilmartin - writing
- Cindy Kurkowski - accounting
- Trisha Loger - science, math, music
- Kathy Scheibenreif - math, Spanish
- Jane Stevenor - writing
- Stylesite- Citation, Grammar, and Writing Resources
- Avoiding Plagiarism- Understanding, Documenting, and Integrating Source Material
- Technology Loans- Borrow laptops, hotspots, webcams, and more for short-term or long-term use
- Academic Support Center- Jacobs Library, Student Help Desk, Center for Accessibility and Neurodiversity, and Tutoring and Writing Center information
Become a Peer Tutor