IVCC Foundation Scholarships for the 2023-24 school year
The IVCC Foundation scholarship application is closed.
Deadline to submit the application was Thursday, February 9, 2023.
Please read this important information before accessing the application at the "Apply Now" button below.
The one application is for all general and program-specific scholarships awarded by the IVCC Foundation to students attending or plan to attend IVCC starting August 2023.
We encourage you to prepare your answers before choosing "Apply Now" button.
The areas to be addressed are:
**Education and Professional Goals (Explain why you are attending IVCC and the reasons you chose your specific area of study. In addition, tell us about your educational and professional goals beyond IVCC.)
**Involvement and Community Service (Describe your participation in school events, clubs or activities and any honors you received. Also describe any non-school related volunteerism or community service. If none of these apply to you, please explain.)
**Financial Need and Special Circumstances (Tell us why you are applying for scholarships. Describe your financial need, concerns or special circumstances you would like us to consider.)
Contact Donna Swiskoski in the IVCC Foundation Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (815) 224-0551 if you have questions or need more information about the scholarship program.
The deadline to submit all documents:
Thursday, February 9, 2023
* Online scholarship application must be submitted by 9 p.m.
* 2023-24 FAFSA, Free Application for Federal Student Aid, at www.fafsa.gov or alternate application at https://studentportal.isac.org/alternativeapp must be submitted online
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ
* An application for admission to IVCC must be on file.
* Scholarships are awarded on the assumption the recipient will be enrolled at IVCC full-time (12+ credit hours) for the 2023-24 school year, fall and spring, unless otherwise indicated.
* GPA scores that we use for eligibility are based on the 4.00 system.
NOTE: Each scholarship has its own criteria designated by the donor.
Funding & Award Notification
* Scholarship award amounts vary based upon available funds; minimum award is $500.
* The IVCC Foundation has the authority to not award scholarships posted within the website or listed in any publication.
* The IVCC Foundation will notify all applicants of award decisions in June 2023 via mailed letter.
* Current high school seniors OR students enrolling at IVCC for the first time, you must request a copy of your high school transcript be sent to IVCC Records Office by Feb. 9, 2023.
* Current high school seniors: your transcript must include grades posted through the end of fall semester.
* Current IVCC students do not need to submit a transcript.
If you are interested in being considered for any of the following three scholarships, a one-page essay is required for each scholarship in addtion to the online application.
NOTE: Prepare your essay(s) prior to filling out and submitting the application.
NOTE: You will upload the essay(s) at the end of the application.
Kristyne K. Curley Memorial
One-page essay describing how animals have enriched your life through either pet fostering/adoption, volunteer work at an animal shelter, rescue organization or rehabilitation center.
Earl Fester Diversity
One-page essay describing life as a LGBTQIA+ (lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender, queer or questioning, intersex, asexual or ally, and/or how a LGBTQIA+ person has influenced your life.
Trevor Melvin Wehner Memorial
An essay (minimum 500 words) addressing both 1 & 2:
1. Areas in your life where you overcame an obstacle either in your school, social or family life and how you demonstrated leadership.
2. Traits you possess which will enhance your education or career.
View each individual scholarship with award criteria within specific and general areas
CAD, HVAC, industrial maintenance or electrician, machinist tool & die, manufacturing, welding, etc.
Music / Theatre / Art
General awards no specific program of study required
Law / Government
Scholarships available to IVCC students transferring to NIU in Fall 2023
William & Dian Taylor Awards
Scholarship available to IVCC students transferring to Eureka College in Fall 2023
Steven W. Rigazio Scholarship
A list of all the 2023-24 Foundation scholarships are available in a convenient PDF.
Scholarship Booklet 2023-24