IVCC Foundation Scholarships for the 2022-23 school year
The IVCC Foundation scholarship application for the 2022-23 school year is now available.
To access the online application you must click the "Apply Now" button below.
After you type in your information and upload your essay, you MUST CLICK 'SUBMIT' TWICE for the application to be processed.
Please read the following important information prior to beginning the application process.
Deadline to submit online application & essay, and the FAFSA or alternate application is 9 p.m. Thursday. Feb. 10, 2022.
Contact Donna Swiskoski in the IVCC Foundation Office at email@example.com or (815) 224-0551 if you need accommodations in an alternate format, have questions or need more information about the scholarship program.
Thursday, February 10, 2022
* Online scholarship application & uploaded essay must be submitted by 9 p.m.
* 2022-23 FAFSA or alternate application must be submitted online
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ
* An application for admission to IVCC must be on file.
* All applicants are required to submit online the 2022-23 FAFSA, Free Application for Federal Student Aid at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa or the alternate application at https://studentportal.isac.org/alternativeapp
* Scholarships are awarded on the assumption the recipient will be enrolled at IVCC full-time (12+ credit hours) for the 2022-23 school year, fall and spring, unless otherwise indicated.
* GPA scores that we use for eligibility are based on the 4.00 system.
NOTE: Each scholarship has its own criteria designated by the donor.
Funding & Award Notification
* Scholarship award amounts vary based upon available funds; minimum award is $500.
* The IVCC Foundation has the authority to not award scholarships posted within the website or listed in any publication.
* The IVCC Foundation will notify all applicants of award decisions in June 2022 via mailed letter.
* Current high school seniors OR students enrolling at IVCC for the first time, you must request a copy of your high school transcript be sent to IVCC Records Office by Feb. 10, 2022.
* Current high school seniors: your transcript must include grades posted through the end of fall semester.
* Current IVCC students do not need to submit a transcript.
→You must write an essay for your application to be complete. Your essay should be finished and ready to upload in order to submit the application for consideration.
→Your essay is a critical part of your application. Use careful thought and your best language skills when preparing your essay.
→The application and your essay are for all general and program-specific scholarships awarded by the IVCC Foundation.
A committee reviews and scores your essay as a whole based on:
**Following the essay guidelines:
**Content of your essay: you must address all 3 areas listed below;
**Quality of your essay should be focused and structured;
**Your spelling and grammar will be scored.
Put your first and last name on each page, top right corner
Do not put a title on the essay
Font Style--Times New Roman / Font Size--12 / All Margins--0.5 inch
Length--2 pages but no more than 3 pages
Save document as Last Name.First Name Essay (ex. Smith.Joe Essay)
Must be submitted as as a PDF (max. 16MB)
Please address all 3 areas listed below in your essay
1. Educational and Professional Goals
* Reasons you are attending IVCC and why you chose your specific major or area of study.
* If applicable, what or who inspired your decision.
* Describe your educational and professional goals beyond IVCC.
2. Involvement and Community Service (if none, please explain)
* Participation in school events, clubs or activities.
* Examples of non-school related volunteerism or community service.
* Honors received.
3. Financial Need and Special Circumstances
* Reasons you are seeking a scholarship.
* Concerns or special circumstances you would like us to consider.
If you are interested in being considered for any of the following three scholarships, an additional essay is required for each one.
NOTE: Prepare your essay(s) prior to continuing filling out and submitting the application.
NOTE: You will be able to upload the essay(s) at the end of the application.
Kristyne K. Curley Memorial
One-page essay describing how animals have enriched your life through either pet fostering/adoption, volunteer work at an animal shelter, rescue organization or rehabilitation center.
Earl Fester Diversity
One-page essay describing life as a LGBTQIA+ (lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender, queer or questioning, intersex, asexual or ally, and/or how a LGBTQIA+ person has influenced your life.
Trevor Melvin Wehner Memorial
An essay (minimum 500 words) addressing both 1 & 2:
1. Areas in your life where you overcame an obstacle either in your school, social or family life and how you demonstrated leadership.
2. Traits you possess which will enhance your education or career.
After you type in your information and upload your essay, you MUST CLICK 'SUBMIT'
TWICE for the application to be processed.
View each individual scholarship with award criteria within specific and general areas of study.
CAD, HVAC, industrial maintenance or electrician, machinist tool & die, manufacturing, welding, etc.
General awards no specific program of study required
Law / Government
Scholarships available to IVCC students transferring to NIU in Fall 2022
William & Dian Taylor Awards
Scholarship available to IVCC students transferring to Eureka College in Fall 2022
Steven W. Rigazio Scholarship
A list of all the 2022-23 Foundation scholarships are available in a convenient PDF.
Scholarship Booklet 2022-23