You have made the choice to pursue your education at IVCC. It can be challenging, at times, for adult students. Please know that you have a dedicated Special Populations Transition Specialist to help you along your journey. For guided assistance, please call or text 815-224-0575 or email email@example.com.
Office location: Inside Adult Education, just down the hallway from the Counseling Center, office CTC-220E
Office hours vary. Feel free to stop by if you are on campus. You can schedule an appointment or contact me ahead of time to ensure my availability.
Schedule a custom tour and appointment
Would a custom tour help lessen concerns that you might have whether you are a new, returning, current, or prospective student? Do you have non-academic questions? Schedule an in-person appointment with me. If you need a day/time that is not available, contact Crystal Credi via phone call/text at 815-224-0575 or email.
Child Care on Campus
Count on the Illinois Valley YMCA to make childcare care easy and convenient by providing our program right in the college. Peace of mind comes from knowing your child is in a safe and nurturing environment.
YMCA Little Eagles provides childcare between 7:45AM – 2PM Monday through Friday. A waiver form will need to be completed in person in CTC-206 on IVCC's Main Campus.
All participants need to be potty trained for the health and safety of the children and staff. Parent/Guardian must remain on campus while children are under YMCA care.
If you have any questions, please contact Maya Quick at 815.223.7904 Ext. 035 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also navigate to other pages through In This Section above.IVCC & Community Resources
Next steps for new or returning students
- Apply, if needed. To take classes at IVCC, you must submit a new application if you have
been gone for more than 3 years. If you plan to earn a degree and want to be eligible
for financial aid, you will need to choose a program of study.
- Send official transcripts, if you have not already done so. Please have your official high school
transcript, GED, or other high school equivalency transcript mailed to IVCC in a sealed envelope. If applicable, also have official transcripts mailed from any colleges you have
attended and complete a Request for Evaluation of Transcripts form. Mail official transcripts to: Illinois Valley Community College 815 N. Orlando Smith
Rd. Oglesby, IL 61348 or the institution can send them electronically.
- Financial Aid & Scholarships: There are opportunities to help pay for classes. You
might qualify for financial aid or scholarships. Additionally, you might meet the criteria for assistance through Project Success if you are low-income, first-generation (parents did not complete a bachelor's degree
by the time you were 18 years old), or a student with disabilities. Additionally,
you might qualify for assistance from BEST if you are enrolled in an Associate in
Applied Science degree or a certificate and meet their criteria of low-income or are
unemployed. Contact me for a referral!
- Take placement tests, unless you have already completed college-level Math or English courses or are pursuing
a certificate that does not require Math or English. For any questions, contact a
counselor. For practice tests, visit Accuplacer's website.
- We recommend that all returning or incoming students speak with a counselor to select
a class schedule. Contact Counseling to set up that appointment.
- Reconnect or Set-Up your Student Technology Accounts. You will not be able to do this step until the day after you have registered for
- Pay your tuition or hold your classes by the deadline after registering for classes. You must let the cashier know to hold your classes each semester if you have financial aid.