Get Set at IVCC
Readiness for college isn’t just about academics. It’s about knowing college lingo, processes, and resources. It’s about having the right technology skills. It’s about feeling a meaningful connection to people at the college. It’s about knowing how to manage yourself, your time, and your tasks, especially when college isn’t the only important aspect of your life.
Are you ready for college?
If you are, great! If not, you are like a lot of other people who start at IVCC – nervous and doubtful, but hopeful that this will be the start of something life- changing. If you are ready to go, but want some support as you start, Get Set might be the pre-college experience for you.
Get Set helps new or returning students:
- Build college knowledge and connections to resources
- Gain confidence with basic technology needed at IVCC
- Brush up on general academic strategies like time management, note taking, and test preparation
- Develop new relationships
- Learn about coping strategies to thrive at college
Get Set is:
- Free for students, and offering monetary incentives for participation
- Intended to build ongoing support and relationships within the college, so participants will be paired with a mentor that they will meet with regularly throughout the semester
- Intended for students who are often under-represented and under-served at college (such as low income, first generation, or within a minority group) or if you simply want support to begin or re-launch your college career
- The class is in-person only, and attendance at all sessions is required
- Designed to fit students' schedules, with day-time or evening sessions possible (schedule TBD)
- A grant-funded pilot project, so seats may be limited. Be sure to save yours!
The goal of Get Set is to help learners proactively build college readiness skills, strategies, and relationships so they are confidently ready to Go at the beginning of the semester.
Contact Tina Hardy at 815-224-0284 or firstname.lastname@example.org