Skip to content
Concerned about taking a Math class online? IVCC faculty member Mary Black suggests
setting yourself up for a good experience and a successful semester by doing the following:
- Setup a designated place to work on your online class either at home or elsewhere,
such as your local public library.
- Schedule ample time to work on your coursework. Remember, a 3 credit hour class should require you to work 9-12 hours per week.
- Work on math every day. Math skills take practice!
- Use the resources provided in your course, such as online textbook supplements, electronic
textbooks, video lectures, and examples.
- Be sure to take notes.
- Use IVCC academic, technical, and personal resources, such as peer tutoring.
- Connect with your instructor using email, discussions, and office hours.