Class Delivery Formats: Online, Blended, In-Person
IVCC delivers classes in a variety of formats:
- Internet, Fully Online Classes
- Virtual Class Meetings Classes
- Blended (Online and In-Person) Classes
- In-Person Classes
Check the full delivery mode descriptions below for what to look for in the class schedule. Check your class schedule and know if/when your classes meet on campus or online. Pay attention to section numbers, locations, and meeting information.
Combined Delivery Mode Classes - Spring 2021
These "Blended" classes in the spring 2021 schedule combine Virtual Class Meeting (VCM) and in-person. Each component follows a different schedule. In the schedule, the Virtual Class Meeting (VCM) component location will be "On-line" and the room will be "LINE". The virtual component meets online on the scheduled day, at the scheduled time. The in-person component meets in-person on the scheduled day, at the scheduled time, and will have a building and room location.
- ALH 1214 – sections 150 to 154 and 650-653
- All Nursing classes
- EMS 2230-350
- BIO 1002-150
- CHM 2003-150 (One component)
- GEL 1008-150 and 151
- GEL 1009-150 and 151
- PHY 1001-150 and 151
- PHY 2002-150 (one component)
- PHY 2004-150
Internet, Fully Online Classes
Delivered via the internet with dates and deadlines but no specific meeting times
online or in-person.
Section Name and Title: Sections starting with 100, up to 149
Location: IN - Internet Classes
Meeting Information: Start and End Dates, Internet Days to be Announced, Times to be Announced On-line, Room LINE
Virtual Class Meetings Classes
Delivered via the internet with specific online live meeting times. Students need
a webcam and microphone to participate in online live meetings.
Section Name and Title: Sections starting with 170 (daytime) or 370 (evening)
Location: VCM - Virtual Class Meetings
Meeting Information: Start and End Dates, Virtual Class Meeting (Day/s), Start Time, End Time, Room ON-LINE.
Delivered both via the internet and in a classroom on campus. Time in the classroom
is reduced by the time spent online.
Section Name and Title: Sections starting with 150
Location: BMC - Blended Main Campus, BOT - Blended Ottawa Center
Meeting Information: Start and End Dates, Blended (Day/s), Start Time, End Time, On-line, Room LINE, Room Location/Number. This may also include lecture/lab section meeting information.
A traditional in-person class held in a classroom on campus.
Section Name and Title: Sections starting with 01
Location: MC - Main Campus, OC - Ottawa Center
Meeting Information: Start and End Dates, Lecture (Day/s), Start Time, End Time, Room Location/Number.
Searching the Class Schedule
- When searching for IVCC class sections, you may limit your search by using the Subjects, Course Levels, Course Number, and Section.
- Searches can also be limited by the "Location" for blended internet, blended main campus, blended Ottawa, extension site (in-person Ottawa), internet, main campus, or virtual class meetings.
- How to Log Into WebAdvisor
- Preferred Sections with WebAdvisor
- Register with WebAdvisor
- WebAdvisor Information
Need tech help with WebAdvisor? Call the Student Help Desk, 815-224-0318.
Need more help?
- Registration 815-224-0447
- Counseling 815-224-0360
- Student Help Desk 815-224-0318, www.ivcc.edu/myivcc