- Virtual appointment (Zoom)
- In person appointment (Oglesby Campus)
- Virtual drop-In
- In person drop-in
You can make your own appointment, or if you don't see the time/day you are seeking, you can request one by using your Eagle Mail to email email@example.com. We'll be monitoring this mailbox Monday through Thursday. You can also call the Tutoring and Writing Center at 815-224-0637. We'll respond to your request within one business day, but probably sooner.
Be sure to check back here for the most current schedules and information.
Check the schedule to see which tutors are working when.
Summer Tutor List
Check the tutor list for subjects and modes.
How to Make a Tutoring Appointment
Oglesby In-Person Drop-in Hours
Visit the Tutoring and Writing Center in the Academic Support Center, A-201, for help with almost all subjects including math and science.
- Monday through Thursday: 10 AM - 4 PM
- Friday: Closed
Virtual Drop-in Tutoring Sessions
Visit Trisha's virtual tutoring sessions for help with chemistry, math, biology and other subjects starting Monday, June 7.
- Mondays: 10 AM - 12PM (10 AM - 11:30 AM, June 21)
To join drop-in tutoring sessions, follow this link to the Zoom room.
We are looking forward to having in-person tutoring at the Ottawa Center during the Fall 2021 semester if conditions allow.
Meet the Tutors
- Cindy Kurkowski - accounting
- Trisha Loger - science, math, music
- Kathy Scheibenreif - math, Spanish
- Kris Sienza - math
- Angela Dunlap - statistics, multiple disciplines
Email the Tutors
Become a Peer Tutor
Students interested in becoming peer tutors should contact Angela Dunlap at 815-224-0479 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be a tutor, you must meet these criteria:
- You must have earned a "B" or better in the subject you wish to tutor.
- An instructor must recommend you or verify your ability to tutor the subject.
- You must complete an interview and training process.
Tutors are paid student workers. Therefore, if you are looking for a little extra money and would like the experience of helping others, think of becoming a peer tutor!