For the first time, Illinois Valley Community College is offering students the opportunity to pick up online college credit over holiday break. IVCC’s new “Winter Intersession” begins Dec. 21 and runs through Jan. 7.
“These courses provide an opportunity for our students to get ahead and for university students home for break to pick up a class at our low tuition rate,” said Vice President for Student Services Mark Grzybowski.
The 18-day session includes online courses in:
- Introduction to Chemistry (CHM 1000) with Promise Yong
- Wellness (HPE 1000) and First Aid (HPE 1004) with Tony Ruda
- Introduction to Psychology (PSY 1000) with Jill Urban-Bollis
- Marriage and Family (SOC 1002) with Rick Mangold
- Intercultural Communications (SPH 1003) with Cory Tomasson
The deadline for registering for Winter Intersession courses has passed.
These are fully online classes.
Delivered via the internet with dates and deadlines, but no specific meeting times online or in-person.
Academic and Technical Support for Winter Online Classes
Academic and Technical Support Guidelines
- Limited academic and technical support services will be available 12/21/21-1/4/22.
- Support will be provided through email, voicemail, and Zoom.
- Staff will not be answering phone calls, but will follow up on voicemail messages, if needed.
- Turn-around time for a response will be 24 hours, Monday through Friday.
- During the actual holidays, response times may be delayed.
How to arrange academic and technical support 12/21/21-1/4/22
- Center for Accessibility and Neurodiversity – arrangements for accommodations or other support through the CAN office should be made with Tina Hardy, email@example.com; www.ivcc.edu/can
- Library Services – on-call librarian Grace Norris will be checking emails, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ivcc.edu/library
- Student Help Desk and CSP0002 Orientation to Distance Learning – an academic support technician will respond to emails and voicemails, email@example.com, www.ivcc.edu/shd
- Writing Center – a professional tutor will provide email writing consultation, firstname.lastname@example.org; www.ivcc.edu/twcenter
As a reminder, there are direct URLs to login to systems hosted off campus. These login pages will be available even if the IVCC website is not accessible.
If you need academic or technical support not available on this list, email email@example.com with your request.