Preparing for College Success
- Find the instructions and access information in the handout link about your K-Number, WebAdvisor, 7-digit student ID number, student email account, Blackboard, You@IVCC, library and more.
- If you are new to dual credit, your accounts should be setup by the time you receive your Registration Statement in the mail indicating you are registered.
Dual Credit Student Technology Handout
IVCC counselors are available to consult with you about the transferability of your dual credit/dual enrollment courses. Counselors will look at the colleges you are considering for transfer and your major. See Counseling to schedule an appointment. Be sure to indicate you are a dual credit student.
- IVCC accepts credit for all dual credit/dual enrollment courses successfully completed. The student is responsible to determine if the course falls within their intended academic program. Counseling can help you keep on track as well.
- General Education Courses designated under the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) are accepted for credit at all State of Illinois public colleges and universities and most other colleges and universities. How they are applied is at the discretion of the receiving institution within the major selected.
- Some Career & Technical courses may transfer but you will need to coordinate with the receiving institution. Certain IVCC AAS degrees are accepted into the 3 + 1 program with Northern Illinois University.
- Other Transfer Resources
- Provides access to high quality research materials in a variety of formats
- Offers individual research and citation assistance online or at the Main Campus in Oglesby
- Library orientations, online research guides, and tutorials ease the transition from high school to college
Intro to Jacobs Library
- Access to computers, print stations, printers and a scanning station
- Student Help Desk: receive assistance on a variety of computer technologies
- Peer Tutoring: free tutoring services on a variety of subjects
- Writing Center: one-on-one interaction on all aspects of the writing process
COUNSELING AND ADVISING
- IVCC counselors available for academic planning, career counseling, transfer services and personal counseling
- Appointments highly encouraged
- High school seniors planning on attending IVCC after graduating are required to attend the Freshman Counseling and Registration (FCR) in mid-April. FCR registration opens in late January.
STUDENT TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT
- Assistance on finding solutions needed to complete coursework utilizing information technology
- Provides support with WebAdvisor, student email, Blackboard, and network accounts including password help
- Job opportunities and internships
- Tips on job search process including cover letters, resume writing, and interviewing
- Special events and job fairs
- Occupational and career information
- Many services are available at the Ottawa Center that are offered at the Main Campus in Oglesby but on limited schedules.
- Whether your course is fully online or a blended course, you will find helpful information in this handout.
- Students taking a fully online course will be required to complete an online orientation free of charge and must successfully pass it to remain in the online course.
Dual Credit Online Learning Handout