Welcome back to school!
Whether you're coming back to school after a break or attending for the first time, we know that you have more than just school on your mind. IVCC is here to support you on your journey. The classrooms and hallways of IVCC are filled with students from every walk and stage of life. The average age of our students is 23, with 42% of our student body comprised of individuals 21 and up. Adult learners and non-traditional students are not alone in their educational journey here at IVCC and you'll surely meet others who have made the same courageous choice to come back to school.
I want to move forward.
The more you learn, the more you earn. Income and earning potential are directly related to education. Completing a bachelor's degree or higher can help you earn an average of $1 million more over the course of your career than those with only a high school diploma.
Want to earn your bachelor's degree at a fraction of the cost? Begin at IVCC and work with our counselors to pursue a seamless transfer to the college or university of your choice.Apply Now Enrollment Checklist
Lincoln College - Normal - IVCC partners with Lincoln College to offer Accelerated Bachelors Degrees for Adult Learners and to launch the Accelerated Bridge to Education (ABE) Program on the IVCC campus. The ABE Program will offer IVCC alumni with AA, AS, and some AAS degrees the chance to pursue a bachelors degree in business administration, liberal arts, health services administration, and criminal justice studies. By attending 1 night class per week for 5 weeks, students will be able to earn up to 27 credit hours throughout the calendar year.
Franklin University is a private, nonprofit institution of higher education investing solely in student
success. Franklin accepts more of your community college credits than most other institutions,
which helps you save time and money toward your degree.
• Transfer up to 94 semester hours through Franklin’s 3 + 1 program
• Low tuition: no increased, out-of-state rates
• Earn your degree without leaving your community (100% online)
• Receive a free transfer credit evaluation
I want a career change.
In today's world, people no longer spend 50 years working at and retiring from one company. Many workers spend five years or less in every job, with the average person changing jobs about 12 times during his or her career. If you are looking for a career change, IVCC might have a program that's a great fit for you.Apply Now Enrollment Checklist
Applied Associate Degrees are usually 2 year programs (full-time) designed to prepare the student for employment. A specified number of general education classes in subject areas such as English and math are required, depending on the program.
- Agricultural Business Management
- Automotive Technology
- Business Administration
- Computer Aided Engineering & Design
- Computer Networking Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education
- Electronics & Electricians
- Engineering Technology
- Manufacturing Technology
- Medical Lab Technology (Coop with KCC)
- Nursing (RN)
- Office Professional
- Radiologic Technology (Coop with Sauk)
- Therapeutic Massage
- Welding Construction
- Welding Production
A certificate program requires 1 to 4 semesters of course work which prepares the student for a specific academic or vocational career. Classes are taken only in the student's chosen career area.
- Accounting (Basic and Advanced)
- Automotive Technology
- Automotive Technology - Basic Automotive
- Automotive Technology - Advanced Automotive
- Automotive Technology - Auto Brake, Suspension, and Alignment
- Automotive Technology - Drivability
- Automotive Technology - Engine Performance
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Certified Production Technician (CPT)
- Computer Aided Drafting (CAD)
- • Architectural/Civil CAD
- • Mechanical/Electronic CAD
- • Basic CAD
- Computer Networking
- Computer Numerical Control Operators
- Criminal Justice
- Dental Assisting
- Early Childhood Education Gateways Credential
- Infant/Toddler Gateways Credential
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Industrial Electricians
- Industrial Maintenance
- Machinist & Tool & Die Making
- Office Professional I
- Office Professional II
- Practical Nursing (LPN)
- Process Operations Technology
- Renewable Wind Energy Technician (Basic and Advanced)
- Therapeutic Massage
- Therapeutic Massage - Advanced Clinical Therapeutic Massage
- Truck Driver Training (Basic and Advanced)
- Welding - Advanced Construction
- Welding - Basic Construction
- Welding - GMAW
- Welding - GTAW
- Welding - OAW
- Welding - Production
Excellent education at a value.
Our tuition rates are a fraction of the cost of some four-year colleges and universities. Work with our counselors to seamlessly transfer and get your bachelor's degree for tens of thousands of dollars less than you would have paid to attend a 4-year school the entire time.
Fill out the FAFSA application during the filing deadline (October 1 until June 30) in order to see how much financial aid you qualify for. Each student's situation is different - don't hesitate to contact the financial aid office at (815) 224-0438 if you have any questions.FAFSA Online Application Learn more about Financial Aid
The Illinois Valley Community College Foundation awards several Foundation Scholarships which are funded by a series of endowments or annual gifts.
IVCC Foundation Scholarships are awarded in the Spring of each year for use in the Fall semester of the approaching academic year. Applications are available by contacting the IVCC Financial Aid Office January or February of each year.Learn more about the IVCC Foundation
Support = Success.
We know that students have more than just school on their mind. Get connected and your goals will stay in sight.
Drawing from her own experiences as a returning adult student, Transition & Completion Specialist Crystal Credi is here to help you navigate the path to success.More resources for adult learners
Frequently Asked Questions
We have a variety of programs including short-term certificates that last as little as 8 weeks. Browse our Educational Options. Interested in working towards your bachelor's degree? We help with that too.
Attend an Enrollment Info Session to learn about what you need to do to get started at IVCC.